Connect with us

NextPedia News

Entertainment

Amazing Photo of Dog who swallowed 20cm Knife and Survived

dog xray knife

The Xray you see above shows a massive 20CM-LONG steak knife which was swallowed by and survived miraculously. The vet doctors were shocked when they saw a long knife in Xray scan of 6 months old puppy.

Lexi was Lexi was rushed into surgery at the Animal Referral Hospital (ARH), in Sydney, Australia. It took 45 minutes for doctors to painstakingly inching the blade out of her and saving her vital organs.

Dr Jody Braddock said who medical specialist at ARH hospital told:

“I’ve never seen anything like it, we knew that Lexi’s best chance for survival would be to remove the knife as soon as possible before it could cause more damage.

dog surgery

Lexi after surgery. Image via Source

The puppy was kept in intensive care unit for three days and doctors ensured that she could swallow without any pain and there is no more unexpected bleeding. The dog was given 10 days strict bed-rest.

Lexi’s owner says its still a mystery that how the knife came to be in Lexis stomach. She was very happy about her puppy because she thought it wont be easy for little baby to survive:  She said: “I thought she was going to die, our vet said to rush her straight to the Animal Referral Hospital and they were amazing.

Lexi just after operation to recover knife from her stomach.

She also added “We’re so grateful to Dr Braddock and the technicians who saved Lexi’s life.

“Lexi’s always grabbing things to hide under the couch and play with them when we’re not looking – so that’s the only thing we can think of.”

Accroding to Dr Christine Hawke, who is dentist at ARH’s veterinary, there can be many other reason Lexi was ‘dicing with death’ , she was also not sure how the knife went to her stomach.

dog knife
Image via Source

She said: “I noticed from the vision immediately that Lexi had a mal-occlusion, which is a common condition in some breeds where the dog has a sore mouth because their teeth push into their gum…and to stop the pain they’ll often bite on something hard.  Although on this occasion Lexie definitely bit off more than she could chew.”

Featured Image via Source

Share with your friends by using buttons below:

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Entertainment

loading...
To Top